Sandhills General Hospital opened by Father Blaire and operated by two sisters.
Doctor Lynch took over hospital operations for several years.
The local Methodist church assumed management.
Under the direction of Betty Brockley, the hospital flourished for a short time, but then closed.
The community reopened the hospital with Nellie Stevenson assuming the administration responsibilities, but the Valentine Building and Loan held the mortgage on the building and they assumed ownership.
In 1930, the Tyler family assumed the responsibility of opening the hospital under their name.
- Truman Sr. and Mae Tyler leased the building from the Building and Loan Association and then purchased it in 1936.
- The hospital was under the supervision of Truman Tyler, Sr. until his death when his wife Mae continued as administrator.
- Eva Tyler married Truman Tyler, Jr. and served as the nursing supervisor.
In 1946, (after the death of Truman Tyler Sr. and Truman Tyler Jr.) Eva bought the property from Mae Tyler and continued its operation.
In 1948, a bond issue for a county hospital failed.
In 1950, the north wing addition was built.
In 1961, the hospital formed a nonprofit corporation.
In 1967, the west wing addition was built.
In May 1968, a meeting of interested citizens organized a committee and started planning for a county hospital. An election to establish a Cherry County Hospital with $100,000 for a study and a purchase of property was passed by the voters. Twelve local citizens cosigned a note for the amount and made this possible.
In 1971, after uninterrupted service by the Tyler family (since 1930), the Cherry County Hospital Board formally took over the management of the hospital.
In May 1972, voters rejected a bond issue for a new hospital.
In November 1972, Eva Tyler died and willed her assets to Cherry County Hospital.
1973 - Current
In March 1973, a bond issue was approved by the voters for construction of a new Cherry County Hospital.
In October 1975, Cherry County Hospital opened.
In March of 1994, the Cherry County Clinic was completed.
In December of 1997, an outpatient addition added space for outpatient clinic services, physical therapy, mammography, computed axial tomography, and ultrasound.
In 2006, a major renovation/addition was completed on the pharmacy, patient nutrition, nursing offices, home health, medical records, administration, laboratory, cardiac rehabilitation, physician lounge, chapel, and physical therapy areas.