Cherry County Hospital is a 25 bed critical access hospital, seeking a full time generalist Medical Technologist, to join our vibrant team. Medical Technologists provide information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses with little or no supervision, interpreting the results in a timely manner in order to enable the clinician to utilize the data when making treatment decisions.
They will be responsible for performing laboratory testing on waived, moderate and some high complexity assays on various specimens as requested by physicians. Performs related duties requested by supervisory personnel.
• Performs and documents quality control, proficiency testing, quality assurance
• Will help perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on all assays and instruments in the laboratory in accordance with CLIA regulations.
• Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, safety, environmental, and infectious control standards so that the laboratory remains in compliance with accreditation
• Assists with monitoring and maintaining inventory as well as receives supplies and distributes them to the appropriate departments
• Understands the importance of prioritizing
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form
• Routine phlebotomy.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field. Current AMT or ASCP Certification also require
Ability to interact with the public, works cooperatively with peers as well as members of Leadership and Medical Staff, and creates and maintains positive working relationships with coworkers.
Full-time with benefits - 40 hrs per week
Erin Sellers - Lab Supervisor
510 N. Green St.
Valentine, NE 69201